Just once every 450 years, the skies above our area darken with a total eclipse.
The Great American Eclipse will cast its shadow across the continent Aug. 21, 2017, and there might be no better place to view it than here, in East Idaho. Our dry, high desert summers, with clear blue skies, give sky watchers one of the best chances to see a truly once in a lifetime event.
Local officials expect anywhere from 10,000 to more than 100,000 people from around the world to crowd in to our region for two or three days, to witness this rare astronomical event. Area hotels are already booked completely full, and governments are preparing for temporary camping grounds, RV parks, and emergency services to handle such a large crowd.
What better opportunity is there to show your products to new customers? The Jefferson Star will host a Main Street vendor fair, Totality Awesome Eclipse Watch, to coincide with the eclipse from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Artisan/craft market, food, entertainment. Contact Earlene or Gerri at 208-745-8701 for booth information. Space is limited and will sell quickly.
Important Info for Booth Vendors
“Totality Awesome” Solar Eclipse Watch, Aug. 21, 2017.
Set up from 6:30AM-9:00AM, event from 9:00AM-3:30PM, break down from 3:30PM-5:00PM
• The street will be closed from the Clark St. and Main St. intersection to the State St. and Main St. intersection.
• Tables, chairs and displays will NOT be provided.
• Do not take more than your specified area. If you cannot find you area, volunteers will be available.
• Be sure that your business name in clearly visible on your display.
• Please begin set up at 6:30 AM to be sure that you are ready by 9:00 AM.
• Break down is from 3:30 PM to 5:00PM
• Booths must be manned at all times.
• No vehicles will be allowed.
• No stakes are to be used, please bring sandbags to secure your display.
• Power will not be provided to you. If you must have power, bring a generator.
• Portable restrooms will be available. Please use these and not the local stores’ restrooms.
• Main Street has no shade, please bring a canopy or umbrella to stay out of the sun.
• During totality, all lights must be turned off. If you have items that glow, cover them during totality (2 min. 20 sec.).
• Vendor Parking will be available at the old Rigby Junior High Site, at the corner of N. 1st W. and W. Fremont Ave. Watch for Vendor Parking Designated Signs!
• You must fill out an Idaho Sales Tax Declaration Form! These are available to pick up at the Jefferson Star Office.
Please keep in mind, we are representing Idaho to people from all over the world. They are coming to witness this epic solar event and we want them to have the time of their lives in Rigby Idaho! This event is expected to draw a very large amount of people to this area and that it may disrupt normal cell phone and internet accessibility. Please have alternative methods of payment and cash on hand.
The Jefferson Star